First off, I want to say everyone is different and so you can tweak what you want but at least this list will get you started. Now if possible, I recommend a month worth of supplies, but I only bought 2 weeks worth. But I have been on crutches before so going to the store didn’t scare me.
• Crutches-if they do not supply them
• Shower chair- You can’t shower for 3-4 days but a chair sure helps If your tub is too high a shower chair with a transfer bench.
• Ice packs-I didn’t get an ice machine, although I wish I would have. But I had plenty of ice packs.
• Cooler-keep your drink cool and you don’t have to get up as much the first week. Plus you can set things on it. I keep it by the couch.
•Trash can right beside you. In case of nausea or trash.
• Grabber- This is for you to help pull pants up, get things, etc. They have a device where it helps put your socks on too.
• Something easy to eat first couple days, especially if you are nauseous. Example: chicken noodle soup.
• Healthy snacks-lots of protein
• Food for at least 2-3 weeks, easy to make food, or pre-make your food for crockpot dinners.
• Drinks, 7up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, juice, anything healthy, breakfast shakes, etc.
• If you have animals, food for them if they will need it. So you are not lifting right after surgery
• Pillows if you don’t have more than one already. I had 3.
• Toilet seat riser- although I didn’t get this, it does make it easier.
•Journal to write in, books to read, movies to watch, games to play! Something to keep you busy as you are not too mobile.
•Comfortable stretchy clothes. First few days I would wear something baggy enough to fit over your brace.
•Slip on shoes, if you don’t have someone to help you.
Afterwards just go do something before surgery, Get outside, enjoy the sun if possible, or take whoever will be helping you out.